Saturday, September 10, 2011

Drive down to visit Fred in LA


I rented a car for the day to drive down to LA.  I considered Amtrak, but I didn't want to spend 12 to 15 hours riding the train and a Greyhound bus.  I wanted to rent an exciting car but nothing was available in Hollister but a small compact car from China, Japan, or Korea I'm not sure what it was.  It was good enough and it gave me the independence of stopping whenever and wherever I wanted.



The drive down on Hwy 101 was great.  It brought back many good memories.


I even caught a glimpse of an Amtrak train going north.


I got to Fred's house just as he got home from work.  It was a nice house.  It was the first time I had seen it.  It was Fred's first house.  A big event in Fred's life.  He has been spending a lot of time fixing it up and enjoying the time doing it.  It was good to see Fred and spend time with him in his "New House".

Fred couldn't take time off for work because he had an urgent deadline to meet.  So I borrowed Annika's bike and rode to Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach over the next couple of days.


The Pelicans were very comfortable with all the people on the pier.

They were like prehistoric flying reptiles.

They are vicious and nearly ate this little girls friend.

The weather was great and many people were out enjoying themselves.



Fred and I went out to dinner by the beach and took some long walks enjoying our time after he was off work.



It was great just hanging out with Fred.  While I was there I happened upon a gathering of vintage cars at Redondo Beach.  Fred says they gather every Friday during the summer.  More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment