Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Viva Mexico


Finally!  After many years of resisting, I made it to Mexico!



For reasons unknown, it was not the place to visit.  Or so I thought!



The Photographer spent a lot of time in Mexico growing up!  His Maternal Grandmother lived there, and during his first few years he lived there as well!  Spending time with cousins and family, often trudging around with his Uncle.


The photographer made a sentimental journey together with JQ,  several years ago.  Revisiting many childhood places and  they had a great time.  While I stayed in Mariposa,  taking care of our place, our animals, and our Feed Store.  By choice!



Today I understand that many of my fears were unfounded.  The fear of Bandidos, drug dealers, and criminals.  Reminding myself,  that when I was leaving Sweden to move to America my Grandfather Teofil could not for the life of him understand,  why I would want to live so close to Chicago!  That was where all the gangsters lived!  For example: Al Capone and his gang.  Propaganda then, propaganda today!  Spread far and wild on the news.  Spread far and wide via movies and TV series.


Spread far and wide by the current President!



We wanted to explore one of the places in Mexico touted as one of the best places to retire, Ajijic!  A town located south of Guadalajara,  on the shore of Lake Chapala.



What a charming, colourful and delightful place it is!



A kind welcoming people, really good weather, great food, beautiful vistas, lot's of dogs and nice places to explore!  We also had a chance to see a bit of the town of Chapala.  A place less inundated by Gringos and therefore more affordable!  We would like to go back there again!  Yet another city high on my list of interesting places to visit,  is San Miguel de Allende!



Soon.... Perhaps SOON!

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for this wonderful information simply explanation is best keep
    posting im waiting for more post

    ReplyDelete